Applications are invited for the role of Headteacher at Westbourne Primary School
Westbourne; An Outstanding Academy School: a friendly, caring, family community striving for excellence – committed to achievement and sharing in the success of each individual.
The trustees, staff and pupils are seeking to appoint a dynamic, passionate and committed individual who is a serving Headteacher or has strong senior leadership experience to be the Headteacher of Westbourne Primary School from 1st September 2018.
At present Westbourne Primary School is the single member of a Multi Academy Trust.
We are proud to have been judged ‘Outstanding’ in our last three OFSTED inspections and have high expectations of our staff, pupils and trustees. We are committed to maintaining these high standards and expectations, whilst continuing to nurture the friendly, caring and committed atmosphere that has been central to Westbourne’s success.
Our vision is to enable all children to achieve their full potential in a safe, welcoming and happy learning environment. We strive to create responsible citizens who are independent and confident lifelong learners equipped to meet the challenges of a changing future.
Alongside maintaining high standards of achievement, Westbourne is always looking to go from strength to strength. To meet the needs of the local community Westbourne is expanding from two to three forms of entry. By September 2018 EYFS and KS1 will have achieved this change.
Our children would like a Head Teacher who:
- Values children’s opinions.
- Is firm but kind and sets clear boundaries
- Is a good and courageous leader
- Wants the children to be happy at school and have fun
Our staff and trustees want a Head Teacher who:
- is an inspirational leader with a track record of improving outcomes for children;
- has a demonstrable commitment to excellence and continues to build on Westbourne’s successes;
- is approachable and values, encourages and nurtures the development of all school staff;
- has empathy with the staff and helps them to strike a good work/life balance;
- leads by example and goes the ‘extra mile’ for the staff and children;
- exhibits and encourages best practice in the classroom;
- believes in providing a rounded education of pupils through sport the arts and other activities;
- brings in their own experience to take the school from strength to strength;
- has high expectations of themselves and others and leads the school’s professional learning community with enthusiasm;
- fosters close links between home, school and the local community and has a genuinely inclusive approach.
Our School offers:
- a welcoming, friendly environment;
- dedicated, hard-working and professional staff committed to enabling all children to fulfil their full potential;
- happy, enthusiastic well-behaved children who care for the school and each other;
- an excellent and wide ranging extra curriculum of activities taking place during and after school time;
- excellent facilities and resources to enable creative teaching.
We encourage prospective candidates to visit the school, please call Mrs Diane Slack (School Business Manager) at Westbourne Primary School on 020 8644 8453 to agree a mutually convenient time. The school office will be closed week commencing 12th February 2018 for half term.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school for the attention of the Chair of Trustees, Mr Bernie Higgins.
Closing date: 17.00 hrs on Wednesday 7th March 2018
Short listing: Thursday 8th March 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be notified on Friday 9th March 2018
Interview date: Friday 16th March 2018
Westbourne Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and there is an expectation of all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a successful Disclosure & Barring check and satisfactory references