Taunton Deane Partnership College (TDPC) is a Pupil Referral Unit based on 6 sites, including a hospital, which supports children and young people across the Taunton Deane and West Somerset area in Somerset.
TDPC works to ensure our children and young people are:
- Architects of their futures
- Resilient, healthy and secure
- Able to access a high quality education
- Supported holistically
We work closely with partner primary and secondary schools; a range of agencies and the wider learning community including Taunton Learning Partnership and Taunton Teaching Alliance to make our shared vision a reality. The children and young people who attend our centres may be permanently excluded or dual registered with their mainstream schools and need additional support due to their social, emotional, mental health and medical needs.
This post is due to the retirement of our current Head and arises at a time when the Local Authority is reviewing and developing the role of the PRUs.
The Management Committee of TDPC is looking for someone who:
- Has a clear vision for alternative provision and a commitment to providing high quality services which ensure seamless and positive transitions along with outstanding outcomes for all our children and young people
- Is experienced in leadership and management in a range of educational settings which have provided high quality services
- Can demonstrate an ability to inspire, innovate and manage change effectively
- Can demonstrate an understanding of how to ensure improvements can be sustained through effective evaluation and monitoring and a passion and commitment to drive them forward.
- Will work effectively with the TDPC Management Committee, schools and a range of other agencies and stakeholders
- Can demonstrate a commitment to continual staff development to ensure the service has confident, resilient and reflective practitioners and effective professional development through self-evaluation
- Knows how to support and inspire a resilience model within the service
In return we can offer you:
- A highly supportive management committee and a friendly and inclusive community
- The chance to work with a committed and hard-working team to make a real difference to children with SEMH needs
- Access to the Local Authority’s employee assistance programme and benefits (offering discounts on shopping and other activities), child care vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
For further details and to apply please click Apply Now
We encourage visits from prospective applicants; please contact Ruth Foster on 01823 349313 to arrange an appointment.
Please submit completed application forms through this site or to Mary Rousseau, TDPC Business Manager, at email@example.com
TDPC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; successful candidates will be required to demonstrate a high awareness of these areas and undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Monday 12th February 2018
Interview dates: 5th and 6th March 2018 (2 day process)