Cambian is a leading provider of specialist education, providing a range of collaborative services for young people ensuring that each individual achieves his/her personal best.
Cambian Taunton, an independent DfE-registered day school, is a part of the Cambian Group. We provide specialist education for up to 30 students aged 10-18 the majority of whom have ASD and associated SEMH difficulties. We aim to provide a safe nurturing environment for our students in order to develop their resilience and self-confidence and to enhance their desire to learn and their aspiration to succeed. We have a talented, creative and hardworking staff team that put the students at the centre of all that we do and demonstrate very good understanding of how to meet their unique needs.
We are looking to appoint an experienced and successful school leader who will embrace and promote the school ethos of mutual respect and passion for learning. As the newly appointed Headteacher, you will not only continue to build on the success of a school with a Good Ofsted rating but will take the school on the next stage of the journey by embedding good practices and striving towards outstanding.
The selected candidate will be supported by assigned Regional Education Lead in the post.
- You will have qualifications relevant to the role such as degree in teaching or management. NPQH is desirable.
- You will have strong knowledge of Independent School Standards Regulations and Education Inspection Framework.
- You will have extensive knowledge of safeguarding. Experience as a Designated Safeguarding Lead is essential.
- You will have successful leadership experience in behaviour management and appropriate interventions.
- Your professional experience, coupled with your determination to achieve excellence, enthusiasm and a positive approach will help you to develop the school and ensure that every pupil makes outstanding progress.
By taking on this challenge you will be joining a successful team and will be supported to achieve your own personal best.
Cambian is an equal opportunities employer. Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Experience: Headship 1 year (Preferred)