NOR – 240
The children, staff, parents and governors of Halley Primary School are looking for an enthusiastic and committed person to become our new Head, due to the impending retirement of our existing Headteacher. This is an amazing opportunity to lead a successful and exciting single form entry primary school of which the whole community is very proud. The position is suitable for a candidate currently in post as a Headteacher or Deputy or equivalent.
Halley is in the heart of Stepney in Tower Hamlets. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive school, which sits at the heart of the community we serve. We have a great deal to offer, not least our rich and creative curriculum which is enhanced and extended by our out of school hours provision and family learning opportunities. Halley is always a busy and stimulating place to be.
Our children come from a variety of backgrounds and some of them face challenges in their lives. Despite this, they thrive and have fun at Halley – we are determined that all learners are included and together we achieve great things. Our school is small enough to develop very close relationships between staff, pupils and their families. Attendance at school is good, resulting in children who make fantastic progress and achieve well.
The professional development of our team is high on our agenda and staff enjoy productive partnerships with parents, governors, other schools, and the local community. We have a stable, cohesive staff team who work together really well.
We are looking for a leader who will embrace our strengths, build on these and inspire colleagues and pupils alike to achieve their very best.
- a friendly and supportive ethos which celebrates the multicultural and inclusive nature of the school
- an enthusiastic and friendly group of children who enjoy learning and display good behaviour
- an committed and knowledgeable staff team; well supported by its parents and governors
- an exciting school environment, both inside and out, with high quality resources
- high standards of learning and teaching
- a commitment to creative approaches to the curriculum, with exciting cross-curricular learning opportunities
- strong links with other local schoolsthrough membership of the Stepney Schools Partnership and the East London Schools Partnership
Our new Headteacher will:
- be passionate about children’s learning and keen to see all children inspired to succeed
- understand the unique benefits and challenges of a small school
- be able to motivate the school community and further develop links with the wider community
- be able to build upon current achievements and continue to raise standards
- have a vision for primary education which is inclusive, is rooted in the principles of excellent early years practice and committed to achieving the highest standards of teaching
- have successfully led an improvement agenda which has led to raising attainment and achievement. You will recognize our achievements, have the analytical skills to see the challenges and the skills to intervene where necessary
- have the credibility and emotional intelligence to engage with senior leaders, staff, children and a range of partners to lead a long-term strategy that will transform existing strengths to deliver a first class education for our pupils
- nurture a ‘love of learning’ across the school community and have a commitment to continued professional development throughout the school
- have excellent management, interpersonal and communication skills with a dynamic strategic leadership style, a strong character and good sense of humour
- have vision, commitment, high expectations and lead by example
Closing date for applications: Noon, Thursday 18th January 2018
Interview dates: January 30th and 31st
A visit is essential and can be booked through Lisa Payne on 020 7265 8061.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal chat with our adviser, please call Andrew Best on 07917 080201 or with the outgoing Headteacher Wendy Otterburn-Hall on 020 7265 8061.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or posted to:
Andrew Best, For Schools Support Limited, Business Resource Network, Whateley’s Drive, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 2GY
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Halley Primary School
Halley Street, London E14 7SS
London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Please do not use the apply button below