Seven Mills Primary School, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
A great opportunity to lead a happy, successful, single-form entry school (with Nursery) located a short walk from Canary Wharf. For September 2019 we wish to recruit a reflective and approachable headteacher who can maintain our popular school’s caring, supportive and inclusive ethos.
Salary £68,314 - £78,498
Apply by 24th January 2019
Job Start: 1st September 2019
We can offer the successful candidate:
• well-behaved children who are keen to learn;
• strong, experienced staff who are committed to child-centred teaching and learning;
• consistently full rolls;
• a healthy budget, with maximum carry forward into the new financial year 2019-20;
• a large and accessible building with lots of outdoor space;
• a recent (Jan 2018) renewed ‘good’ judgement from Ofsted;
• a full and supportive governing body;
• the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children in the close-knit community that we serve.
We are looking for someone who will:
• have high expectations for our children, whilst remaining sensitive to the linguistic and economic challenges faced by many of our families;
• be committed to maintaining a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum for our pupils;
• strike the right balance between support and challenge for colleagues;
• keep their sense of humour intact, even when under pressure.
Salary band: L18 – 25 (£68,314 - £78,498 inclusive of inner London weighting)
Start date: 1st September 2019
Closing date for applications: Thursday 24th January, 4 pm
Shortlisting: Friday 25th January
Selection dates: Thursday 31st January and Friday 1st February
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or for any additional information please contact the school office on 0207 987 2350 or email the headteacher, Mr Mike Hirst, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Further information and an application pack can be downloaded from the school website www.sevenmills.towerhamlets.sch.uk