L33 - L39
To take appointment: January 2019
Biddick Academy is an oversubscribed secondary independent academy operating a single academy trust with 1084 students currently on roll. Biddick Academy is on a journey of whole school improvement and aspires to even greater achievements. We want Biddick Academy to continue strengthening and build on the areas of good practice to be the best we can possibly be. We understand how powerful high standards of teaching are for learning, achievement, motivation and enjoyment.
Biddick Academy is looking for a dynamic, nurturing, forward thinking, innovative Headteacher who can lead on the Academy vision and further develop the ethos and performance of the Academy.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious current headteacher or deputy headteacher wishing to further develop their career and to make a difference to the practice of colleagues and the education of our young people.
Biddick Academy Trust Board are looking for someone with a proven track record of:
· Successful leadership;
· Encouraging, inspiring and empowering all learners;
· Encouraging, inspiring and empowering all staff;
· A real passion for working with each member of the academy community and the desire for individual success;
· Financial acumen and the ability to attract external funding;
· Managing change in the current educational climate;
· Establishing and sustaining excellence;
· Accountability and challenge at every level.
For an informal chat regarding this position please contact:
· Mr David McDonald, Chair of Governors
email@example.com or 07967452711
· Mr Jim Murray, School Improvement Partner
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07710613840
· Mr Paul Cowen, current Headteacher
Cowen.email@example.com or 0191 5111600
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academy to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment and facilities.
Please contact Mrs H Neary, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0191 5111600, ext 5013 to arrange a visit at the beginning of the academic year in September.
To apply, please complete an application form and return to Mrs H Neary at the e mail address above.
Biddick Academy is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect that all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post, along with pre-employment safeguarding checks.
Closing date for application: Midday Tuesday 11th September 2018
Interviews: Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th September 2018