Salary: Group 3, L11 – L18
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Number on roll: 300
We are seeing to appoint a motivated and driven experienced leader, who is ready to drive improvements at our school. You will have proven management and leadership experience and a commitment to ensuring children of Beech Grove achieve good educational outcomes.
We are looking for a headteacher who:
- Will continue to embed changes and lead the school in working towards the clear objectives for Improvement identified in the recent Ofsted report
- Has the ability to develop the whole school community to deliver and achieve the highest standard of teaching and learning with a clear impact on outcomes for the pupils
- Will develop a clear vision for the school, informing a set of aims for the future
- Has an inspirational and inclusive leadership style with a sense of direction which will empower and motivate others to reach their full potential
- Has a proven ability to effectively performance manage staff within a school setting
- Is an excellent communicator with an open and approachable manner
In return, we can offer:
- Delightful and engaging children, who want to learn
- A committed and knowledgeable governing body who challenge and support
- Parents and families who support the school and want their children to achieve well
- Key staff members who are enthusiastic about the school’s improvement journey and work hard to improve educational outcomes
- A friendly local community with good amenities, beautiful surroundings, and easy access to a range of cities and attractions including Exmoor National Park and the Blackdown Hills (AONB)
Visits to the school are encouraged by appointment, please contact Co-Chairs of Governors, Emily Walters or Stephen Miles on email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information and an application form please click Apply Now, visit https://dasjobs.co.uk/job/headteacher-52/ telephone our recruitment line on 01823 348270 or email SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk.
Please state which post and school. If you have not been contacted by the interview date, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
The school is committed to equal opportunities and safer recruitment practice, pre-employment checks including a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure will be undertaken before any post is confirmed.
Closing date: Monday 19th March 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 24th and Wednesday 25th April 2018
BEECH GROVE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Courtland Road, Wellington, Somerset, TA21 8NE
Telephone: 01823 662438