Job Reference: 16340
Due the retirement of our highly regarded Headteacher after 11 years at the school, the Governors are seeking to appoint a passionate, innovative, and visionary replacement to provide dynamic leadership to our school and to continue to develop and improve our school.
At the Forest School our aim is to provide an outstanding education, with high-quality teaching and a nurturing school ethos that empowers each boy to achieve his personal best. We provide a personalised curriculum, delivered by staff who understand how boys learn and who provide a safe, happy and challenging environment. The Forest School proudly sends its pupils out into the world confident, articulate and caring young adults.
We are a high-achieving and popular 11-16 comprehensive school with a current roll of almost 1100 boys. We provide a wide range of opportunities to enable boys to achieve their unique potential coupled with an exceptional pastoral system.
The successful candidate will be committed to continuous improvement of teaching and learning, and ensure that achievement is recognised, encouraged, supported, and celebrated.
We are looking for a leader who is:
- confident and positive with strong leadership credentials and the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of partners
- able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success
- highly self-motivated and able to motivate others
- confident in leading and managing change
- a good listener and an effective communicator
- able to demonstrate a good understanding of current legislation and national developments in education, and know how to use resources effectively to maximise student performance whilst ensuring the financial stability of the school.
In return, our school can offer you:
- highly motivated, extremely polite, respectful and courteous pupils with a strong desire to learn
- a committed, hard-working, highly skilled and friendly staff
- a harmonious school community with strong relationships between pupils and staff
- excellent extracurricular activities to develop the whole child
- a commitment from us to support you in your personal continued professional development
Forest boys are welcomed and play an active role in the local community.
For further information, please visit www.theforestschool.com.
We would like to hear from you if you can build upon the significant successes of our school and if you are committed to our principles of inclusivity and collaboration.
This role would suit an existing Headteacher or aspiring Headteacher.
The Forest School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to observe this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Potential applicants are encouraged to contact the school office on 01403 261086 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit during February and March.
Please submit your application using the application form with a supporting letter of no more than two sides of A4 when typed. This should tell us how you satisfy the person specification.
Please return your completed application form and supporting letter by noon on 22nd February 2018 to:
Or post to:
Job Reference No: 16340
West Sussex Capita Partnership
We ask that you please submit your application through email rather than through the post, but if you submit a postal application please ensure the correct postage is used to avoid delays in us receiving the application.
If viewing this advert online the application pack is attached. For an electronic version or hardcopy of the application pack, please telephone 01243 642140 or email HRSchoolAdverts@westsussex.gov.uk (quoting the job reference number), please supply your full postal address. Details of how to apply are in the application pack.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to observe this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For shortlisted candidates whose travelling time exceeds an hour, The Forest School will assist with overnight accommodation and subsistence expenses up to the value £150 for the night of the 19th March 2018.
Closing date: Noon on 22nd February 2018
Shortlisting date: 1st March 2018
Interview dates: 19th and 20th March 2018