Do you want to work in a forward-looking, successful 11-18 Church of England High School & 6th Form College? An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this well-established Church of England 11-18 school, located in the centre of Wigan, which has long been held in high regard by the local community.
One of only two Wigan Schools with a Sixth Form, The Deanery has an enviable track record in school improvement and excellent links with both the local community and local churches. As a large Church school with over 1,300 pupils, we believe firmly in recognising and developing the God-given talents of all who work and learn here and provide significant opportunities for professional and career development.
Governors are looking to appoint a headteacher who:
- Has a strong Christian faith and will uphold and sustain the spiritual and caring ethos of The Deanery.
- Leads with energy, enthusiasm and resilience and can inspire others with their vision.
- Thinks strategically and can build a culture of continuous improvement to underpin school improvement.
- Can take our school forward from ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’.
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills and uses them to foster strong relationships across the whole school community.
- Has a proven track record of raising achievement.
- Is committed to building effective teams across the whole school community to drive improvement.
- Has a proven track record of leading curriculum development to deliver rich and stimulating learning for pupils.
In return, we can offer:
- A distinctive Christian ethos.
- A vibrant, hardworking and committed staff.
- Well-motivated pupils and supportive parents.
- A £15 million new school building with state-of-the-art facilities.
- The progress made by the majority of pupils currently in the school is improving strongly and rapidly. Their progress is now good.
- Teaching is good. Teachers are knowledgeable about their subjects and most provide suitable stretch and challenge for pupils.
- Pupils have positive attitudes to learning. They take pride in their work and behave well in lessons and at social times.
Applications are invited from candidates able to uphold the Christian ethos of the school.
Visits to the school can be arranged during week commencing 12th November 2018 by contacting Tracy Wogan by telephone: 01942 597501.
To apply, please return your completed application form to Mrs Michelle Foster, Clerk to the Selection Panel, by Post: Wigan Council, Governor Services, 2nd Floor, Wigan Life Centre South, Wigan WN1 1NJ, or email: Michelle.Foster@wigan.gov.uk
If you have any questions, you may contact Michelle by telephone: 01942 486090.
Closing date: Midday on Thursday, 22nd November 2018.
Shortlisting: Monday, 26th November 2018.
Interview dates: Monday, 17th & Tuesday, 18th December 2018.
This post is covered by the Protection of Children Act and is therefore subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure as well as to satisfactory medical clearance. The Governing Body is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.