The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and caring Headteacher who will continue to lead and inspire the next phase of our school’s development. We are looking for someone who can ensure that learning remains enjoyable and enriching for all and is fully underpinned by the Christian faith.
To be successful, you will:
- Have Headteacher, Deputy or Assistant Headteacher experience
- Have high expectations and standards
- Have the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Have proven successful leadership and management experience
- Have the ability to maintain and develop partnerships between children, staff, parents, Governors, Church, other local schools and the wider community
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the enthusiasm and empathy required to be an outstanding leader
- Will actively support the values and ethos of our Church school
In return, we offer you:
- The opportunity to make a difference and take the school forward to be outstanding
- A dynamic Christian ethos which is integral to the life of the school
- Dedicated, hardworking and skilled staff
- Happy, responsive children who are motivated to learn
- Continuing professional development
- The support of a fully committed Governing Board
- An established partnership with the parents, Church and wider community
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the school. Please telephone the school office on 01942 733081 to make arrangements.
To apply, please send your completed application form to Mrs Michelle Foster by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Post: Mrs Michelle Foster, Clerk to the Selection Panel, Governor Services, Wigan Council, 2nd Floor, Wigan Life Centre South, Wigan WN1 1NJ.
Closing date: Midday on Monday 23rd September 2019.
Shortlisting: Monday 30th September 2019.
Interviews: Tuesday 8th and Wednesday 9th October 2019.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interviews by Thursday 3rd October 2019. If you have not heard from us by this time, your application has not been successful.
St Catharine’s CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this post.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulation and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.