Following the successful promotion of our current Head Teacher, we are seeking to appoint a passionate, committed and friendly Head Teacher to lead our Britannia Bridge community.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and creative Head Teacher who has the vision, knowledge, skills and relentless determination to further raise standards and aspirations for ‘each and every one’ of our pupils.
Our school sits at the heart of our community, as the parental school of choice, providing the very best for ‘each and everyone’.
We are looking for someone who:
- Ensures that children are exceptionally well prepared for their next stage of education and their future.
- Inspires and motivates through innovative leadership.
- Develops children’s learning through wider experiences.
- Loves their job and takes pride in everything they do.
- Has high expectations of all children and staff.
- Is flexible in their approach, open to new ideas and a team player.
- Is enthusiastic about parental and wider community links and able to build positive relationships with families, having excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to establish positive working relationships with colleagues and pupils through modeling very high levels of professionalism, commitment and integrity.
- Has commitment, enthusiasm, integrity, personal impact and presence as well as excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Believes ‘Happiness, Encouragement, Aspirations, Respect and Teamwork’, sit at the heart of the role at Britannia Bridge Primary School.
We can offer:
- A warm and welcoming one-form entry community school that is the school of choice for the Ince area and beyond; housed in a new build with the very best school facilities.
- Happy and enthusiastic children who have excellent attitudes to learning and are very proud of their school.
- A dedicated, enthusiastic and talented team of staff.
- A place where you can take on a challenge and be strongly supported by the Governing Body.
Whilst we may be closed due to COVID-19, we welcome school visits from prospective candidates who believe they meet our school’s requirements. Please be assured that all the necessary precautions will be taken during your visit. Dates for school visits are 30th and 31st March and 1st April 2020. To arrange a visit, please contact the Clerk to Governors by email: Michelle.Foster@wigan.gov.uk
Applications should be returned to Michelle Foster, Clerk to Governors by email: Michelle.Foster@wigan.gov.uk or by post: Michelle Foster, Clerk to Governors, Governor Services, 2nd floor, Life Centre South, College Ave, Wigan WN1 1NZ.
Closing date: 9.00am on Friday, 24th April 2020.
Short listing: Wednesday, 29th April 2020.
Interviews and Recruitment Tasks: Monday, 18th & Tuesday, 19th May 2020.
Please note that dates may be subject to change.
Britannia Bridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school is also committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).