Our fantastic head is retiring, so we are looking for a new leader who is excited by the opportunity presented by a small, rural school. We are a thriving and successful school that can be summed up in three words: ‘Learning, Living, Laughing’. With great children and a supportive community, you will play a valued role in the heart of our friendly village. This unique position will allow you to develop as a leader whilst keeping in touch with the reason you first got into teaching – the children.
Don’t just take our word for it:
“The pupils are proud of their school and have excellent behaviour” Ofsted
We have an experienced and committed governing body and exceptionally supportive parents, but most importantly great pupils who are very enthusiastic about their learning. Come and see for yourself!
What we can offer you:
- A competitive annual salary (Group 1 – leadership scale range Level 8 up to Level 13) with a starting point dependent on your skills and experience.
- A hardworking, experienced and committed team.
- Support and professional mentoring to develop your skills in the role.
- Parents and a wider community that really value and support the school.
- A governing body which is committed to your success, your development and the future development of our school.
- Happy, enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils who are highly motivated.
- Generous and hardworking support from “Friends of Luckington School”.
The Governors are looking to appoint a Headteacher who will:
- Keep learning exciting, challenging and supported, so that each child’s opportunity to make good progress and attain well is maximised.
- Have the knowledge and ability to promote the ethos and values of our school.
- Provide a great education for pupils through the effective leadership, organisation, management and control of the school.
- Further develop and actively contribute to the strong links with the community and other local schools.
To get a sense of our wonderful school why not visit us? We warmly welcome visits to the school by appointment with the school office on 01666 840297.
To get a real sense of our unique school, we strongly recommend that you read our last Ofsted report, review our Dashboard and visit our website http://www.luckingtonschool.co.uk/ which will provide you with a full picture of our happy children, committed staff and creative environment. We are awaiting publication of our June 2018 Ofsted inspection.
Luckington Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Closing Date: 16th July 2018
Short listing Date: 17th July 2018
Assessment Date: 14th September 2018
Luckington Community School
The Green, Luckington, Wiltshire, SN14 6NU