The Cottesloe School is looking for a high calibre leader with a passion to maximise the potential of the school and of each individual student.
We are a 'Good', inclusive, consistently oversubscribed secondary modern school. Students' personal development is at the heart of our excellent pastoral care system. We are proud of our 'Team around the Student' model that focuses on maximising each student's potential in their educational success by supporting emotional wellbeing and personal development. We pride ourselves on achieving the best outcomes for each individual student rather than placing sole importance on league tables. Our students are polite, courteous, welcoming and well behaved. We are fully committed to equality of opportunity and celebration of diversity.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a dynamic, inspirational leader with vision and drive.
- Have excellent leadership and management skills to further improve our school.
- Have the energy, enthusiasm and commitment to inspire our students and dedicated staff.
- Have a flair for working in partnership with parents, students, governors and other stakeholders in the wider community.
We will provide you with:
- A committed, hard working, highly skilled, professional and dedicated staff.
- A great opportunity to lead and set the vision and strategy to take our school to 'Outstanding'.
- The freedom to develop further strategies to challenge and optimise continual school improvement.
Please see our website www.cottesloe.bucks.sch.uk for more information about our school.
Applicants are warmly welcome to visit our school and guided tours will run at 10.00am until 12 noon on Monday 17 December, Wednesday 9 January and Tuesday 22 January. To arrange a visit please contact Mrs Judith Woods (HR Manager) on 01296 688264 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 28 January 2019. Completed application forms should be sent to Mr Adrian Titley, Chair of Governing Board, email email@example.com.
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 4 February 2019.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 February 2019. References will be obtained prior to interview, and one reference must be from the Headteacher of your current school.
The Cottesloe School is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to receipt of an Enhanced DBS Clearance, and satisfactory qualification, reference and health checks before a confirmed offer of employment is made.