Langtree School, in South Oxfordshire requires a new Headteacher.
After 13 successful years under the leadership of our former Headteacher Rick Holroyd, the governors of Langtree School are now looking to appoint his successor.
Langtree School is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty in the village of Woodcote, South Oxfordshire, and is a small, mixed comprehensive school serving pupils aged 11 to 16. The school is currently a single MAT, regularly over-subscribed, and justifiably held in high regard by our parents as well as the wider local community. In recent years Langtree has gained national recognition as well as several awards, and the governors are now seeking a new leader who can build on these successes and take us forward with a fresh vision.
The person we are seeking will have the benefit of a highly skilled and motivated staff, as well as a very supportive governing body which takes an active and enthusiastic interest in the running of the school.
In consultation with the school’s staff, we have identified the following characteristics that we hope will convey the type of person we are seeking:
- A strong leader who naturally leads from the front by example
- A passionate and capable teacher, able to inspire others and drive academic success
- A fierce protector of the schools culture, but welcoming of beneficial change
- A resilient and creative strategist capable of clear, analytical thought
- A robust and flexible manager of resources
- An instinctive and personable collaborator, able to inspire others.
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school during the week of 17th September, please contact Mary Taylor-Lane firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Deadline for applications: Monday 24th September 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th October 2018