Bernwode Schools Trust is seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant/Academic Co-Ordinator to start in September 2021. The role will be based within the Inclusion Centre at The Cooper School but the post holder will be expected to work flexibly across all academy sites. The post is to work 33.75 hours per week for 39 weeks per year (term-time only plus INSET days).
In this role you will work with AEN students in the Inclusion Centre as their Academic Co-Ordinator (key worker) in order to support individual students in addressing gaps in their learning. The aim is that, through the support of their Academic Co-Ordinator, students will be able to access the curriculum to the best of their ability, developing self-confidence and resilience.
We can offer you:
● competitive salary;
● an excellent pension scheme;
● regular training opportunities;
● friendly and supportive colleagues;
● an energetic, vibrant and diverse environment where everyone is valued.
We are looking for an individual who has:
● HLTA standards (level 4) or the equivalent foundation degree (level 5) or be willing to work towards them;
● experience of supporting students with Special Educational Needs;
● a willingness to attend training which is relevant to the post;
● excellent interpersonal skills both in relation to students as well as other adults (including outside agencies) and effective oral and written communication skills;
● good organisation and time management skills;
● sound ICT skills to support learning and to maintain electronic information systems;
● the ability to remain calm in challenging situations and to empathise with students’ primary carers;
● an awareness of responsibilities for health and safety of themselves and others;
● a commitment to safeguarding children.
If you have any questions regarding the position or would like to visit our school, please contact Human Resources to make arrangements. Telephone 01869 362697 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs will not be considered without a completed application form - Further details and an application form are available below, or please visit our website www.bernwodeschoolstrust.co.uk.
The closing date for all applications is Sunday 23 May 2021, 12noon.
Bernwode Schools Trust have the right to interview and appoint at any time throughout this recruitment process. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
Bernwode Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding children. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Details of the Academy’s policies relating to the Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Handling, Use, Retention and Disposal of Disclosure and Barring Certificates and Disclosure information are included on our recruitment webpage.
The Cooper School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Bernwode Schools Trust
Bernwode Schools Trust (formerly Bicester Learning Academy) was formed on 1st July 2014 and is a multi-academy trust currently comprising of The Cooper School and Glory Farm Primary School. The academy is run by a board of Trus...