We are looking to appoint a keen, dedicated higher-level teaching assistant (HLTA) to join our school, working term-time only, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
In short, the role would involve the following:
- Providing one-to-one support to a pupil (e.g. intervention work outside the classroom);
- Working with a group or groups of pupils under the direction of class teacher; and,
- Planning, teaching and assessing whole classes within a pre-determined lesson framework, being allotted weekly planning, preparation and assessment time to do this well.
The role would therefore be perfect for a candidate with a bachelor's degree who would be willing and able to develop their teaching skills in order to apply for an assessment only route to gain qualified teacher status in the near future. For the right candidate (i.e. someone who works hard and responds positively to feedback) the school would happily fund this qualification. However, the role is equally suited to a candidate who wishes to work in the role of HLTA for the foreseeable future.
We are looking for someone who:-
- approaches all work with high expectations and a can-do attitude;
- maintains a firm but fair approach to working with children;
- works well alone and as part of a team; and,
- dedicates themselves to continuing professional development.
We can offer you:-
- a supportive, teaching-focused senior leadership team;
- experienced, supportive and welcoming colleagues;
- children who are a pleasure to teach;
- great opportunities for personal and professional development; and
- an opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
Visits to the school are highly encouraged, giving you the opportunity to meet our fantastic pupils, see our extensive grounds and talk in more detail about working at the school with a member of our senior leadership team. Please contact Danielle Dulieu (School Business Manager) if you have any questions or would like to arrange to visit the school.
Closing date: 18/01/2019 12:00:00
Interview date: 23rd Jan 2019
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com.
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to safer recruitment measures which will include an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please also note that candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their application, and therefore, the application must be written in line with the person speficiation for the role.