Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Required as soon as possible
Monday - Friday 8.15am - 3.45pm
32.5 hours per week, term time plus inset days
APTC 5, points 22-25
£22,506 - £24,510 pro rata (£17,457 - £19,012 per annum, actual salary)
St Edward's is a large, thriving, multi-cultural community with pupils who travel from a wide area to come to our school. Our strong Christian beliefs are reflected in the behaviour of our pupils who were described in our recent Ofsted report as "very caring, friendly and respectful towards each other".
Our school is situated in a pleasant residential area and we are only a five minute walk from the centre of Romford, with direct transport links to London. We hae a hard-working, enthusiastic and friendly team of staff who are committed to providing an excellent education for our children, including a team of experienced and supportive Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTA).
We are looking for an additional permanent Higher Level Teaching Assistant to supervise PPA lessons under the direction of class teachers, to cover short term abences of teaching staff and to work with small groups of children or individual pupils to lead interventions, initially focusing on social communication.
Our ideal candidate would:
- have experience of working as an HLTA or Level 3 TA with primary aged children;
- be flexible and able to work across all age ranges;
- be enthusiastic, confident and able to use their own initiative;
- be able to support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for the children;
- be experienced in delivering a range of interventions;
- have good literacy and numeracy skills;
- be able to create a stimulating and purposeful learing environment;
- be an effective communicator with pupils and staff;
- have a good sense of humour.
Closing date: Friday 22nd September 2017 (12 noon)
Interview date: Tuesday 3rd October 2017
Please apply online.. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and, the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure.
We look forward to hearing from you.