Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- A five-point scale with a starting salary of £23,976
- 2% Attendance Bonus
- Onsite fitness and cardio suite
- Staff car park
Ashcroft Technology Academy has a rare and exciting opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our Maths department. This role is pivotal to the success of students in Year 7 to Year 11 who require SEN support in Maths, and applicants should have experience of supporting secondary school students, most probably across a range of subjects. The successful candidate will have, with support, guidance and training, responsibility for planning lessons to teach to small groups of students in the department. The successful candidate will also monitor their students’ progress, assess the students every term (5 times per year) and report on their achievement and progress. An enjoyment of and ability in Maths will therefore be necessary, together with a can-do attitude, an ability to work well in a team and independently and a desire to work with students who require additional support to reach their full potential.
Ashcroft Technology Academy:
- is graded an outstanding school (Ofsted 2015) with high standards of behaviour
- is a highly successful and heavily over-subscribed school in Putney, south west London
- provides excellent quality and well-resourced facilities
- 90% English and Maths GCSE at grade 4 or better in 2018, 52% achieve the EBACC qualification and we achieved a Progress 8 measure of +1.0
- has the highest performing Sixth Form in the Borough of Wandsworth for the past 5 years
- offers both A-Levels and the International Baccalaureate in the sixth form
- offers excellent opportunities for career development with a comprehensive NQT programme
- is close to the A3, to East Putney tube station and Putney main line for easy commuting
If you would like to be a part of this team, further details and an application form are available below or telephone us on 020 8812 3553.
You must complete the application form electronically and email it as soon as you are ready but no later than noon on Wednesday 16 January 2019 to email@example.com. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date where we find suitable applications and so we advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible as we may choose to interview shortly after receipt.
All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance. ATA safeguards children and actively promotes their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. ATA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from minority groups. The school also has full disabled access.