OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Our small and friendly team at our Salisbury Campus are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant to support SEND students across KS2 to KS5. You will support the learning in class and in small group settings within a Self-Directed Learning philosophy. You will complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for learning activities under an agreed system of supervision.
The post would suit a qualified HLTA who is experienced in supporting children with their social and emotional development, communication and interaction. An ELSA qualification or similar would be desirable as well as training in ELKLAN or other speech and language programmes.
• To use specialist teaching skills to work with pupils with SEND
• To assess the educational needs of children with complex needs
• Assess, manage and deliver learning support to SEND students using knowledge and specialist skills
• To act as a Key Worker for identified pupils, regularly liaising with parents and staff to ensure progress against Learning Plan targets
• To work closely with allocated pupils, understanding how to motivate and encourage them to achieve and progress through the development of their Attributes, Skills and Knowledge (ASK)
• Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage in all activities through support of their Attributes, Skills and Knowledge
• To build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, treat them consistently and be concerned for their development as learners, supporting them and responding to their individual needs
• Monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies
• Work within an established discipline policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self-control and independence
• To be familiar with the school curriculum, the age-related expectations of pupils and main teaching methods for age ranges in which you are involved
• Ideally be qualified (NVQ Level 4/5 or equivalent), or have a good working knowledge in meeting Teaching Assistant standards
• Have experience and be confident with the preparation and delivery of teaching
• Be experienced delivering emotional literacy sessions
• Be experienced in delivering communication and interaction groups
• Be able to adapt to each child and their specific needs either on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
• Be able to use ICT effectively to support learning
• Have a full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation
• Have an understanding of special education needs as defined in the SEN Code of Practice
• Be an enthusiastic and supportive individual who enjoys working with young people
• Respect the school’s ethos, aims and values
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Dedicated and talented staff who work together to continually build upon our high standards
• On-going CPD with support from our Teacher Training Academy - our innovative skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout OneSchool Global UK
For more information about OneSchool Global UK or specific information relating to our Campus please visit: http://www.oneschoolglobal.com
For an informal discussion please contact Melissa Podlaski - Recruitment Business Partner on 0330 055 5600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Wednesday 4th September 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: 9th September 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global Salisbury Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment