- Quick apply
- From £140 per day (dependent on experience)
- Job type:
- Full Time, Fixed Term
- Start date:
- Apply by:
- 19 February 2018
Smart teachers is recruiting for a motivated History Teacher who is looking to join a diverse and multicultural school in Walthamstow, North East London. The History Teacher role will be full time and available for an immediate start continuing through until the end of the academic year. The History Teacher will be responsible for teaching a timetable to KS3 and KS4. This mixed secondary school has recently relocated into a new building therefore has completely new facilities for staff and students.
About the Role
· History Teacher
· Full time
· Immediate start
· Contracted through until end of academic year
· Teaching KS3 and KS4 timetable
· Daily rate from £140 (dependent on experience)
About the School
· Rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED in most recent inspection
· Successful and oversubscribed school
· Very supportive and passionate department
· Diverse and multicultural school with over 50 languages spoken
· CPD offered for teachers
· Easily accessible from all transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the History Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a teaching qualification (PGCE / Bachelor of Education or equivalent)
· UK secondary teaching experience
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references at an outstanding level and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number SZL31388.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer
About Smart Teachers
- Smart Teachers
- Salisbury House, 29 Finsbury Square
- EC2M 5QQ
- United Kingdom
With teams in London and across Australia, Smart Teachers recruit education professionals internationally to fill a wide range of school based roles in teaching, leadership, special needs and learning support.
What we do
We provide a high-quality recruitment service for schools of all kinds. We’re always interested in talking to teachers, teaching assistants, cover supervisors and other support staff with any level of experience – whether you’re an NQT, busy parent or semi-retired! If you’re looking for daily supply, short & long-term cover – or even a permanent role – we can help.
We operate under a simple set of values which impact on everything we do. Our aim is always to be open, honest and ethical in the way we do business; both internally with the way we treat our staff, and externally, in how we look after our clients and candidates. This unique approach to recruitment has made us the first port of call for both schools and teachers alike.
What we offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.