Starting Date: Either 1st July or 1st September 2019
Closing Date for application: Tuesday 23rd April 9 a.m.
Salary: Inner London Salary (£29,664 for NQTs); a TLR 2a (£2,721) is available for the right candidate, with some experience, to lead KS3
Please note – a 1st July start is on offer for NQTs/available teachers
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, outstanding, oversubscribed, mixed, multi-cultural high school in West London. We are in the top 120 schools nationally, for student progress. We are looking for a History teacher with real potential and a great love of the subject. We have an excellent, supportive department with a tremendous record of developing both students and staff. This post is open to more established practitioners and to NQTs. For the right candidate with relevant experience, a TLR 2a is available to lead KS3 history. The department achieves very good GCSE results every year: this year the History results have contributed to the Humanities P8 score being well above 1, which places us in the top 4% across the country.
• Greenford High School is a key member of the Ealing Teaching School Alliance and has a long history of offering excellent CPD programmes, collaboration with other schools, personalised coaching and an outstanding record of career progression and promotion.
• We have a great record of developing NQTs, training over 30 student teachers each year and partnering Teach First in hosting and delivering CPD for their teachers.
• A vibrant, flourishing Post 16 Centre of 530 students, with many A Level classes
• Friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic colleagues
• Excellent modern facilities and interactive technology in a well-resourced, new school, with a new KS3 building which has just opened
• Other benefits include: generous non-contact time; small class sizes wherever possible; assistance for those taking Masters and further degrees; a partnership with the Institute of Education and Teach First; many colleagues taking Teaching Leaders courses, Future Leaders, NPQML and NPQSL; the opportunity to train and mentor student teachers and Teach First; a dedicated and supportive pastoral team; guaranteed car parking spaces and bicycle storage; shared department workroom; an excellent library; access to sporting facilities and a fitness gym; Workplace Options scheme providing advice and support; staff social events and well-being sessions