Varee Chiangmai International School is a fully accredited member of EDT (Education Development Trust) and delivers CIE (Cambridge Assessment International Education) following a English-based curriculum across the key stages in History leading to IGCSE and A level. We take a holistic approach to a child’s education and development, with the arts, sports, creative clubs and the Duke of Edinburgh award programme all contributing to the extra-curricular activities. The secondary school has approximately 150 students enrolled.
The Humanities department is focussed on ensuring lessons are active, challenging and relevant for students. We collaborate to deliver lessons to a consistently high standard, and encourage staff to try new strategies to engage and develop learners. By the end of their History education at VCIS, we strive to make students active thinkers with the ability to apply and analyse new information to solve real-world problems.
The school is located close to the centre of Chiang Mai, the bustling capital of Thailand’s northern Lanna region: an area of misty mountains, Buddhist temples and diverse Hill Tribe cultures, as well as a thriving social scene. Chiang Mai has been rated among the top 10 most livable cities in Asia. It has a laid-back atmosphere, enjoys a tropical climate tempered by altitude most of the year, and, above all, is affordable. The lifestyle achievable means that most of our teachers renew their initial contract.
The successful candidate should:
- Possess a degree/qualification in History field
- Have a PGCE or equivalent.
- Be able to teach across History at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
- Be able to use technology to track student progress.
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to work with diverse groups of colleagues, students and parents, as well as different cultures. Experience working in a multicultural/international school setting is considered a bonus.
- Be willing to take on the challenge of supporting/ accommodating ESL speakers in your lessons.
- Have a flexible attitude as our school grows and develops.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staffroom.
- Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
In return we offer:
- A two-year contract.
- A locally competitive salary in line with other international schools in Chiang Mai.
- Housing support.
- Aetna medical insurance.
- End of contract bonus and flight support
- Visa and work permit support.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
Applications are open until 31 March 2020, though we will start contacting suitable applicants as soon as applications are received. All applications will be done through the TES portal. Please fill in all the fields on the TES Quick Apply form, including two recent references that can be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype or ZOOM for candidates not presently in Chiang Mai. Successful candidates will be required to provide a police clearance from their country of residence.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.