HLTA - 32.5 hours per week - Term Time
Are you passionate about securing the best outcomes for pupils and committed to giving your best?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant from September 2018 or earlier if available to join our new bespoke purpose built SEMH special school in Blackburn, close to the M65.
There couldn’t be a more exciting time to join our happy, friendly and supportive team of professionals as we undergo a period of growth and development in our new purpose-built building with excellent facilities that will better meet the needs of our pupils and enhance their education.
You will become a part of a close-knit SEN and support school team, built on the ethos of collaboration and development.
We are committed to raising standards that promote the welfare of our pupils through safeguarding and enhancing their learning experiences. The school expects all staff to share this commitment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Teaching Assistant to work with a group of pupils who have moderate and severe learning difficulties, several of whom have a diagnosis of Autism.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist the teacher in the delivery of the curriculum, working collaboratively to secure the best outcomes for all pupils.
- Have patience and persistence in providing specialist support and care to our pupils, with the aim of developing their independence.
- Have a creative and inspirational approach to inspire and develop our pupils to achieve their full potential.
- Have good communication, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have an understanding of positive behaviour management strategies to support our pupils.
In return we can offer:
- A well-resourced and enjoyable working environment.
- A school that not only invests in our pupils, but also our staff by providing a range of tailored and bespoke CPD opportunities.
- A supportive leadership team who welcome fresh ideas.
- Health Care Package
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
Eden School meets the individual needs of pupils between 8 – 16 years.
Eden School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to a DBS Barred List and DBS Disclosure check, satisfactory references and medical clearance.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled. We keep this data for 12 months from submission. When that period is over, we will delete your data from our system
Further details are available at : http://www.educationpartnershiptrust.org/vacancies/