Smart Teachers is recruiting for a HOD – PE Teacher to join a secondary school in Redbridge, North East London. This “good” all-girls school is a high achieving school that cater for pupils aged 11 to 19. This full-time position is to start January 2019. The position is suitable for NQTs and those more experienced teachers looking for a thriving department.
About the Role
· Head of Department, PE, maternity cover – 12 month contract
· Physical Education Teacher
· Teaching girls PE
· KS3 to KS4 including GCSE PE
· Full-time teaching responsibilities
· Maternity cover for a year
· Salary depending on experience, £27,000 to £42,000.
About the School
· All-girls school
· Ofsted rated “Good”
· One of the highest achieving schools in the country for attainment
· Well-behaved pupils with a clear, well-structured behaviour policy in place
· Located within walking distance of a popular over ground station
· Accessible from most parts of East, Central and North London.
· One-site parking available
In order to be considered for this role, the Physical Education Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN21721
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.