We wish to appoint a skilled and enthusiastic person to join our Inclusion Team . This is an exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with families, children and the school to provide early intervention, signposting, support and guidance in times of challenge and stress.
As a Home School Link Officer you will advise and support parents ensuring their children attend school regularly and gain maximum benefits from education. You will also develop and provide knowledge of family services available in the local community and signpost to available support. We would like a person to join our team who:
• is an excellent communicator and able to develop a good rapport and working relationship with children, parents and a wide range of adults
• has a commitment to transforming the lives of young people and their families to overcome the social, cultural and economic barriers to learning
• is able to work both independently and as part of a team
• has safeguarding experience • is self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and adaptable
• can remain calm in difficult circumstances
• can problem solve, use their initiative and work autonomously
• is able to work their hours flexibly, attending meetings outside of core hours as necessary.
Hours: 35 hours a week, 39 weeks a year (term time only + Inset Days)
Prendergast Ladywell School is part of the Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools; we believe that all our students can achieve excellence and that they deserve the very best support and resources to reach their potential. Our caring environment values achievement and we insist on tolerance and mutual respect.
We look forward to receiving applications from candidates who would relish the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success and development of our school.
To apply please visit the vacancies section of our website www.prendergast-ladywell.com.
Closing Date: 9:30am on Monday 17 September 2018
Interviews: Friday 21 September 2018
Please note CVs are not accepted.
The Leathersellers’ Federation of schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Appointment will be subject to qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.