This is an exciting time to join our committed and professional Hospitality and Catering team as they relocate into the renovation of a prestigious historic building which will host our award-winning Gaskells training restaurant and new hospitality and catering facilities.
Hospitality and Catering Storekeeper
• Ref: 6554
• Hours of work: 23 hours per week, term time only, 38 weeks per year
• Salary: £8,783 per annum
• Location: Wakefield City Campus
As a Hospitality and Catering Storekeeper, you will support the stores team to ensure that all Real Working Environments are resourced as required and upkeep and monitor all stock items within the store and kitchen area.
Day to day, this role will involve:
• Ensuring that an ample supply of essential foodstuffs is always available in food production areas
• Checking all incoming products – quality, quantity and price
• Keeping up to date price lists of all commodities
• Checking all stocks at frequent intervals
• Arranging appropriate storage space for all incoming foodstuffs
• Ensuring that all orders are correct and despatched in good time
• Keeping a high standard of tidiness and cleanliness at all times
As a Hospitality and Catering Storekeeper, you should have:
• Level 1 qualification in a food hygiene related subject
• A good level of experience working within a catering environment
• GCSE grade A*- C in English and Maths or level 2 equivalent
• Experience of working in a team
• Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
• Discounted Metro Card Scheme
• Good Pension Scheme
• Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 16 August 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 28 August 2019
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.