We are currently looking for hourly paid lecturers to deliver the City and Guilds 2382 - BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installation (18th Edition) qualification within the classroom and workshop.
The course will be offered across different delivery models, over two to four full weekdays, over two nights per week for approximately 10 weeks or across four Saturdays. It is expected that individuals will be flexible and able to commit time when required. There will also be the requirement to run the 2 day upskilling course as and when appropriate.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Liaise with students to ensure best modes of attendance to suit the individual and ensure course numbers remain viable
- Liaise with relevant college departments to ensure students are registered and exams are booked in a timely fashion
- Plan, prepare and deliver teaching and learning of the 18th Edition of BS7671 and/or C&G 2391 to meet the needs of all students
- Prepare students effectively for a computer based, multiple-choice exam based on the 18th Edition of BS7671 and/or C&G 2391.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Busy Bees Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Two state of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.