Hourly Paid Tutor - ESOL
City and Islington College
- £26.84 per hour
- Job type:
- Part Time, Full Time, Supply
- Apply by:
- 22 October 2017
City and Islington College is a learning environment like no other. The College is a leader in its field and has been honoured with many prizes and awards. Our GCSE English results are consistently above National Rates.
About the role:
We are seeking to recruit an excellent Hourly Paid Tutor who is qualified and available to:
* Deliver classroom teaching for adult ESOL and ESOL 16-18 learners on a range of courses from Entry level to Level 1 in ESOL.
* Carry out related duties, which include marking and preparation, curriculum development, course administration, individual tutorials and tracking of learner progress.
* Address the particular and diverse needs among ESOL learners in Further Education and living in London.
* Teach both day and evening sessions at any of the College's five main Centres
* Possession of appropriate minimum Level 7 ESOL subject specific teaching qualification e.g. DTELLS, PGCE ESOL
* Knowledge of the courses/curriculum relevant to the post, and of recent curriculum and pedagogic developments affecting them.
* Excellent communication skills for addressing the individual needs of both school leavers and adults returning to education and for being an effective member within a dedicated, collaborative team.
* Be flexible to meet the demands and responsibilities of being a personal tutor with an appreciation for systems for monitoring progress towards higher levels of study and employment.
To view the Job Description, please click here
To apply, go to www.candi.ac.uk/jobs (please note that we do not accept CVs and you will need to complete our application form).
About City and Islington College
- City and Islington College
- Marlborough Building, 383 Holloway Road, Holloway
- N7 0RN
- United Kingdom
Our reputation is built on the success of our students and the hard work and dedication of our teaching and business support staff. We pride ourselves on the academic achievements of our staff and students and for leading the way in further education not just locally, but nationally and increasingly internationally.
We offer great opportunities for people who want to maximise their potential and achieve their career aspirations in an educational environment where innovation and creativity are essential for our continued success as a leading educational establishment.
We aim to be a first choice education employer in London and our record backs it up. In fact, our achievements either meet or exceed the new, exacting Investors In People standard. We provide staff with a great working environment and excellent terms and conditions of employment and salaries which are amongst the best in the FE sector.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.