Waihi is an independent day and boarding school for Boys in Year 4-8. We are located rurally in beautiful South Canterbury. A three-bedroom house onsite will be provided, for the successful candidate.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and dedicated person to take responsibility for the overall running of our boarding house and the pastoral care of our boarders. Contribution to the academic and extra-curricular programme is an expectation of the position. Please state class teaching and extra-curricular strengths.
As Housemaster you will be part of the Senior Management Team and as such some candidates may see this as a step towards a future Principal’s role. For the right candidate this position could be combined with an Assistant Headmaster role.
Applicants will be confident communicators, able to relate to all in our community and must have a genuine interest in working with our boys. In addition, applicants will have:
• have a passion for boys’ education and wellbeing
• knowledge of educational systems in general to ensure smooth transitions between boarding and the School
• ability to manage a team of staff who are employed to assist in running the boarding house
• proactive problem solving skills
• demonstrated ability to build high quality relationships
More information about Waihi and this position are in the documents attached.
To apply, please complete the Tes application form.