KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of Notting Hill, West London. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 and our facilities are second to none. We are currently in our fourth year of operation and have 920 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13 with us. By September 2018 we will be a full school with all seven year groups.
KAA is a school which has the very highest standards – both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In our first year the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum. In 2017, Ofsted have judged us to be “outstanding” in all areas and described standards as “exceptional”. Our Sixth Form is also outstanding and is operated jointly with our independent school partners Charterhouse and Godolphin & Latymer. Candidates can read of our recent Ofsted and exam successes on our website, kaa.org.uk, along with other evidence of the exceptional standards in our school.
We are currently looking for a talented and committed HR Advisor/ Assistant to join our outstanding academy.
To provide comprehensive and high quality operational HR service delivery across all aspects of the HR lifecycle as well as operational and administrative support to the Vice Principal – Finance in the smooth running of Finance, HR and other support functions.
This is a hands-on role, which will suit highly motivated, experienced HR generalists or recent HR graduates with a desire to undertake a wide-ranging generalist role within an education setting which offers the flexibility of school holidays..
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Create, with line managers, candidate packs for all new academy vacancies and publish on recruitment platforms.
- Carry out administration relating to recruitment including responding to candidate questions, initial shortlisting of applicants, interview schedules and, where applicable, recruitment event planning.
- Assist with the interview process where required.
- Draft all relevant HR paperwork for new starters including offer letters and contracts of employment.
- Carry out all relevant background checks including references and DBS.
- Undertake any visa applications as required for foreign nationals.
- Support on-boarding of new staff ensuring that all administrative matters run smoothly.
- Support academy employees with HR matters, responding to queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain accurate employee records in the HR system processing any changes in line with established policy.
- Maintain the academy Single Central Register which holds records of all employment checks.
- Promote amongst staff, and comply with, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Support the administration of the annual performance review cycle including creation of templates to support line managers and employees in productive conversations
- Collate and file documents relating to the academy performance review cycle (3/6/12 week review or new staff and annual appraisal).
- Maintain accurate records of annual leave and sickness absence.
- Support staff in administration of external training and liaise with Finance to report on expenditure
- Maintain HR pages of the staff handbook
- Assist the VP - Finance and external HR consultant with annual reviews of HR policy
Payroll and Pension Administration
- Support the Finance Manager in creation of the monthly payroll file – providing necessary inputs around leave / sickness / starters / leavers.
- Support the Finance Manager with administration requirements of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme and the Local Government Pension Scheme maintaining records as required
- Create responses to resignations letters and manage leavers process.
- Ensure all systems are updated as necessary and stakeholders are kept informed as required.
- Co-ordinate employer references for staff moving to new external positions.
- Support the Vice Principal – Finance in the smooth operation of back office functions
- Support co-ordination of the academy calendar and parents’ calendar.
- Support with the administration associated with Recruitment Evenings, Parents’ Evenings, Open Evenings and other key Academy events, providing front of house support where required.
- Support the development of systems and structures which lead to the smoothest possible running of the academy day-to-day.
Deadline: Apply by 9 am on Monday 16th July 2018
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at email@example.com
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.