Southgate Primary School
- Quick apply
- FTE £18,594 Pro Rata £13,208
- Job type:
- Part Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- January (or earlier if possible)
- Apply by:
- 4 December 2017
Are you a confident, friendly and flexible person seeking a new role within a busy and vibrant school administration team?
Southgate Primary is an ambitious and inclusive primary school that is currently on an exciting journey of school improvement. Our staff are highly committed, hardworking and motivated and the school has recently become an Academy with GLF Schools.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and knowledgeable HR, Communication and Public relations officer to help lead and advise the Senior Leadership Team on matters relating to HR and areas of Public Relations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for advertising vacancies for the school and working alongside the Headteacher and Business Manager to consider workforce and succession planning, taking into consideration trends and developments in education and budgetary implications.
They will also Manage all external and Internal communications (including the School newsletter and social media) as well as any day-to-day any other duties including reception duties, greeting visitors, answering the phone, reprographics, treating children with minor first aid or medical needs and assisting other team members as required.
This role is for 4 days a week for 39 weeks a year working 8am - 4pm.
We can offer you:
• The support of GLF schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
• Exceptional professional development opportunities through a tailored CPD programme
• An exciting opportunity to work within a growing organisation, helping shape the future and strategic direction of the School
• A warm and friendly staff team
The ideal candidate will be:
• Experienced in working in a similar role, or be able to demonstrate necessary skills to meet the demands of the role.
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging situations
• Able to work effectively as part of a team..
• Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• A confident and a clear communicator with children, parents and staff
• Have excellent administrative skills including an eye for detail
• Help develop the School Business Plan
Salary: FTE: £18,594-£21,689 Pro Rata: £13,208- £15,407 (based on 30 hours a week over 39 weeks of the year)
Closing date: 4th December, midday
Start Date: January 2018
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
About Southgate Primary School
- Southgate Primary School
- Barrington Road, Southgate, Crawley
- West Sussex
- RH10 6DG
- United Kingdom
At Southgate Primary School we believe every child should achieve their personal best, make good progress and experience success.
We provide our children with a rich and stimulating curriculum that captivates and enthuses. Learning is made relevant and fun through special events, trips and visitors. At Southgate Primary we pride ourselves on creating a safe, caring and happy atmosphere where staff, parents and pupils work together as a team to strive for high standards of achievement and behaviour.
We aim for all children to come to school excited about the day ahead and go home happy and fulfilled at the end of that day.
Our mission is that each child will develop the skills, experiences and aspirations for success.
We always welcome interest from teachers and associate staff who are interested in starting their new career with us . If you don't see a position advertised that is suitable for you at the moment, please arrange a formal chat and tour with the Headteacher through the school office firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
Our Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.