We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated HR Coordinator & Receptionist to start in August 2018. This role would suit a candidate who has experience with running a busy reception desk, particularly in a school setting. Experience working within HR and recruitment is desirable.
The successful candidate will spend half the day on reception, and half in a shared office completing HR duties. The reception role will entail:
· Working with the other receptionist and admin team to provide support for the main school.
· Welcoming visitors and members of the school community into the building.
· Handling incoming telephone calls and emails, and transferring as necessary.
· Photocopying and distributing letters to class teachers as required.
· Keeping the school database updated with student information.
· Contacting parents whenever necessary in relation to any need expressed by the Head or staff on behalf of the pupil.
· Keeping the reception area in a tidy and presentable manner.
· Attending any meetings that are appropriate to the post as required.
· Attending any formal or informal events as required by the Head.
· Understanding and adhering to all necessary rules and regulations pertaining to the school including those relating to Health and Safety.
· Undertaking any further duties as may be reasonably required by the Head.
· Undertaking such training as required to qualify as a registered First Aider and to update this training as necessary.
· Assisting when necessary to administer medication to children following the Chepstow House Policy for Administering of Medication in School. Keeping student allergy and medical files updated.
· Assisting when necessary to administer First Aid to children & staff.
· Taking minutes from staff meetings, writing up and distributing.
The HR role will entail:
· Using the Access Recruitment portal to manage all job roles including posting, advertising, passing relevant candidate applications onto senior management, organising interviews and chasing references.
· Keeping candidates updated of application process, sending rejection emails where necessary.
· Using the Select HR program to manage all staff details. Completing on-boarding, updating staff information, entering training & absences, updating job titles & salaries, completing leaver forms.
· Advising staff on absence and parental policies, following Alpha Plus procedures.
· Keeping all staff files, DBS forms and the school Single Central Register up to date.
· Informing staff of any changes to HR processes & policies.
· Keeping the Single Central Register up to date with current staff information.
· Attending Alpha Plus training events and forums as necessary.
· Assisting the admin team with admissions and payroll where required.
· Liaising with staff & Alpha Plus to help organise forums, meetings, & events where necessary.
· Provide PA & admin support to members of senior management, manage individual diaries as necessary.
Chepstow House School is an established three form entry, Coed Prep with a nursery attached and outstanding facilities within the Notting Hill area. It is a growing school offering opportunities for staff development and career progression. It is part of the Alpha Plus Group, which is one of the country's leading educational groups.
The aim of the school is to provide a broad and balanced curriculum that enables each child to achieve their full potential in a happy and caring environment. Chepstow House aims to discover the best in every child and challenge them to go beyond their expectations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Chepstow House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children. All staff are trained in child protection and understand to report concerns by following the safeguarding and whistle blowing policies. We ensure all candidates are properly police checked. The successful applicant will need to obtain an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and have DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) clearance.
References will be taken up and will be carefully checked.
Salary will be £25,000+, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Closing date: 03/06/2018