Fixed Term Contract October 2019 – July 2020, term time only (Maternity Cover)
Thurstable School seek to employ a HR officer from October 2019 until July 2020, this post is for a fixed period to cover maternity leave. This role is a standalone generalist position within the school reporting directly to the Headteacher.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Recruitment – managing the whole school, seeing the process through from beginning to end including all pre-employment checks.
• Payroll - managing the monthly payroll and pension’s administration ensuring overtime claims and contract changes are processed.
• Employee Relations - to advise and assist the headteacher with discipline, grievance and capability procedures. Managing sickness absence within the school.
• Overseeing the performance management systems and ensuring reviews are carried out.
• General – day to day HR duties and administration.
To be successful in the role you will have operational HR experience, preferably gained within an educational setting. You must have the ability to work on your own initiative with excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills. It would be desirable for you to hold a CIPD qualification.
We would be able to offer a salary in the region of £25,000 based upon 37 hours per week; this would be for term time working, plus one week during the school closure period which would be in July 2020, all other school holidays during this period you would not be required to work. Working hours are flexible, including start and finish times and we would consider applications from people wanting to work less than 37 hours per week.
To apply please download an application pack from our website www.thurstable.essex.sch.uk
Closing Date: 17th July 2019
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.