Human Resource Officers
22.5 hours per week, term time only plus 2 weeks during summer
£29,055 - £31,401 (£15,806 - £17,082 pro rata for part time)
We are looking for 2 experienced HR Officers - one to cover Northamptonshire and one to cover Peterborough
Supporting our 34 Academies to ensure our 16,000+ pupils get the best education is your mission. Our aim is to ensure a balance of preventative and responsive actions to support our Academies to achieve continuous improvement though our people strategy
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team, providing advice and guidance to support the Principals of our Academies across the region. Following our positive outcomes in our Academies the HR Team is in a process of implementing a new service delivery model and people strategy with key priorities such as staff wellbeing, employee engagement, finding more efficiencies in our processes through the implementation of new technologies and provision of on-going HR training for our line managers.
Your duties will include:
• Providing high level of customer focused advice and guidance HR service to our Academies.
• Developing and implementing policies and toolkits to support and enhance Academy performance
• Interpreting and advising on employment law particularly those relating to Education.
• Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
• Keeping up to date on DfE initiatives with a focus on safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and ensuring processes are adhered to both in the recruitment of new staff and throughout the employee lifecycle.
• Supporting Directors on various HR strategies and people strategy initiatives, such as harmonisation, restructuring and TUPE when necessary.
• You will have a collaborative approach to working within the HR Team and Leaders across the Trust and the region.
• You must be proactive and be able to embrace the changes and challenges typical of working within a Multi Academy Trust.
• You will have up to date knowledge of current UK employment law.
• A self-starter with the spirit, ability and desire to work alone whilst still being an integral part of a small central fast paced function.
• Using your HR knowledge you will possess the ability to provide and action appropriate risk based options.
You will predominately work within the Peterborough or Northampton regions and may be based from home or from one our local Academies supporting that region. You will also be an integral part of the wider HR team and therefore will be required to work from our central office in Nottingham for a minimum of two days each half term within term-time and for two weeks during the summer break. Due to travel requirements a full driving licence and own transport is essential.
We can offer an agile working environment and are happy to discuss at interview which days of the week you prefer.
You will be encouraged to attend employment law seminars, and will have access to our fantastic learning alliance events. As an employee of the Greenwood Academies Trust you will be eligible for a competitive pension scheme, mileage payment and a generous holiday allowance.
If you share our ethos and wish to be part of this great organisation, we look forward to hearing from you