Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Humanities to work with one of our partnered schools on a full-time basis, from January 2019 or before this if available. You will be required to teach Geography, History and Religious Studies to Key Stage 3 and 4. The role will include full planning and marking responsibilities in relation to a set scheme of work and require applications from teachers with sound Classroom Management skills.
The school is an average sized Secondary school in Chesterfield who are looking for strong classroom teachers with knowledge across the humanities subjects, and the confidence and ability to support across the department and teach all 3 subjects to a good standard at Key Stage 4.
The desired Humanities Teacher will work alongside some excellent practitioners, who put children at the heart of everything they do. The desired Teacher must have experience of teaching Either Geography, History or Religious studies to at least GCSE level, and be willing to upskill to familiarise themselves with the additional
To be considered for the position of Humanities Teacher you must:
• Have experience teaching at least one Secondary Humanities Subject to at least GCSE Level.
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Teachers
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of Vision for Education Supply Team the desired Teacher of Humanities will benefit from:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
• £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
• Support throughout your placements
• Access to a dedicated Secondary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Unparalleled daily rates
• Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
• Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a qualified Humanities Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the team in the Sheffield branch.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.