We are recruiting a Humanities Teacher to join our academy where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us. If you are driven to lead and develop teaching and learning then we want to hear from you!
We actively welcome applications from NQTs and experienced teachers looking to develop their career further.
We are looking for:
- A proven record of raising and maintaining standards.
- Vision, drive and flair as you join our supportive and forward thinking academy.
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- A commitment to further developing you as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust (AET).
- The opportunity to be part of an academy moving forward at pace.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and no excuses.
- A mentorship programme to develop you as a future Leader.
If you are driven to lead and develop a department then we want to hear from you! We actively welcome applications from teachers looking for their first leadership position, as well as from experienced colleagues looking to develop their career further.
Although this role is based at New Rickstones Academy, you may be required to teach at our sister academy, Maltings Academy (also in Witham) as all new staff contracts are to work across both academies.
Visits to the academy are welcomed. For an informal discussion about the post, and to arrange a visit please contact Tor Banks, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Free car parking
This position is required to commence September 2019.
Closing date: Tuesday 23 April 2019.
Candidates are advised to carefully consider the Supporting Statement section of the application form, explaining clearly how they meet the requirements of the person specification.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, click on the 'Quick Apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.