The Pinheiros campus is centrally located in a cosmopolitan, attractive and busy part of São Paulo. The campus is a vibrant, stimulating and happy multi-cultural community of 680 pupils from 18 months to 18 years, local and international families and highly a diverse and passionate body of teachers. International students make up a large percentage of the school population and International-mindedness is promoted and celebrated.
The St. Nicholas community is passionate about learning. We have designed a balanced, challenging and 21st Century learning experienced inspired and underpinned by the International Baccalaureate PYP and Diploma Programmes. St Nicholas believes that technology is central to learning and we aim to maximise the opportunities for learners to experiment with different contemporary tools. The school provides a balanced, rich, challenging and transformative education for its diverse body of learners aged from 18 months to 18 years of age, most of whom are studying in English as an additional language.
IB Diploma Business Management teacher/learner
St. Nicholas School is seeking to appoint an IB Diploma Business Management teacher/learner who will enjoy guiding young learners in a highly stimulating and dynamic international environment. Current experience working with post 16 learners is highly desirable with IB Diploma experience as an added advantage. Regardless of experience candidates will commit to the IB Diploma and be willing to contribute to Theory of Knowledge, Extended Essays and CAS. More information about St. Nicholas School can be found at www.stnicholas.com.br www.facebook.com/st.nicholas.sp and https://twitter.com/stnickssaopaulo.
The Business and Economics Department contributes to a rich and varied learning environment at St Nicholas where all learners in year 11 and 12 follow a full IB Diploma Programme. It is part of the Humanities Faculty and is a successful, forward thinking and well-run department offering Business Management and Economics in Group Three and Group Six within the IB Diploma Programme. Curriculum development is on-going and reflects the school’s inquiry-based philosophy. Results at the Diploma have been good to very good and both subjects are also popular Extended Essay subjects. The department has interactive board or projectors in all classrooms and laptops and Chromebooks are available for learners. There are two teacher/learners in the Department and the Department counts on exclusive use of three well-resourced classrooms, set up for collaboration, interaction and research.
Candidates will bring:
- A university degree in the subject offered or a related subject along with evidence of recent professional learning.
- An internationally recognised teaching qualification
- A willingness to learn and develop and contribute to the learning of the community.
- A commitment to inquiry-based learning and concept-based learning
- A belief that all young learners are able to learn and can contribute to the community.
- A commitment to international mindedness and IB teaching philosophy (www.ibo.org)
- A positive and optimistic attitude to learning.
- Additional qualities to add to the school community
For expatriate teachers St. Nicholas offers two-year contracts, which are renewable by mutual consent and include:
- A competitive salary paid in Reais
- An overseas allowance based on monthly sterling exchange rates
- Private medical plan
- Return flights at the beginning and end of the contract
- Visa expenses
- Professional development opportunities
- An end of contract gratuity
- Fantastic students to work with
Letter of application should be addressed to Nicholas Thody and accompanied by a curriculum vitae and the names of three referees. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application is 9th December 2018. Skype interviews will be held on the following week. Face to face interviews will take place in early January if required.
The school commits to safeguard all members of the community and all staff share in this commitment. All shortlisted candidates will provide references. Successful candidates will provide proof of qualifications, submit to complete and rigorous safeguarding checks.