Inspired learning. Empowering young women of integrity. We are seeking an inspiring applicant who will serve as the leader of the IB Diploma programme in the Senior School and will be responsible for the total operation of that program.
The IB Coordinator shall provide leadership, administrative and supervisory skills for the educational development of students and staff, as well as to promote appropriate parent and community awareness.The position works alongside the Director of Curriculum to ensure that learning excellence is achieved in all aspects of the school’s operation.
The role is a permanent full-time position commencing in Term 1, 2020.
- The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinating and supervising all activities and programs related to the IB Diploma programme.
- Contributing to school-wide leadership and planning as part of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Coordinating work with all relevant leaders within the Senior School e.g. Head of Senior School, Director of Curriculum, Year Coordinators, Heads of Department etc.
- Managing and maintaining all relevant documentation relating to the IB program e.g. policies, scope and sequence documentation etc.
- Managing and coordinating relevant meetings and training for all staff including delivery of professional learning, new staff orientation, and providing guidance to planning teams.
- Attending all relevant PD to keep knowledge of the IB programme up to date.
- Keeping staff, parents and students informed about the IB programme.
- Liaising with the Director of Curriculum and administration team to facilitate consistency in curriculum and reporting practices and documentation across the school.
- Teaching responsibilities as per the role description.
- Accessing and preparing results information at the time of release and support the Enquiry upon Results process in the weeks after the release of results.
We are looking for a leader who:
- possesses relevant IB DP leadership and teaching experience;
- holds experience in implementing the principles and current trends in education, curriculum, IB Diploma Programme, staff development, essential elements of instruction, and supervision;
- holds demonstrated capacity to act effectively in a leadership role;
- possesses highly developed interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiation skills;
- can demonstrate a capacity to interact with members of all teams;
- is able to work as a team member, believes in lifelong learning and inspires others;
- possesses highly developed organisational skills;
- possess in depth knowledge of the IB DP curriculum and an exceptional understanding of, and ability to, model outstanding teaching practice;
- possesses highly developed ICT skills;
- will support the co-curricular programs at the school;
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning;
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School.
The successful applicant will have to be able to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 08 September 2019