Contract type: Full Time, to start August 27th 2018
Contract term: Until August 2020 with potential for extension
Deadline for submission of applications: On-going Interviews
Package and Benefits: Expenses reimbursement/Help with finding accommodation
The International School of Modena is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (the International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired, a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development. Located just outside the city of Modena, in the attractive and rural countryside, it caters for over 200 students aged between 3 and 18 years of age. The school is fully authorised by the International Baccalaureate for its Primary, Middle Years and Diploma programmes. Our unique and stimulating campus, surrounded by open countryside, boasts an attractive design and excellent sport facilities, and is an ideal learning environment for students aged 3 and beyond.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of IB MYP and DP Visual Art. The ideal candidate would be interested in teaching Grades 7 to 13. All students at ISM study Visual Art up to grade 11, with an increasing number choosing the subject for their IB Diploma, where the subject has recently been introduced and is very popular. A strong commitment to purposeful teaching, collaborative planning and open communication is essential. We pride ourselves on the commitment offered by our friendly and professional staff. Applicants must be willing to be active, flexible participants in a hard-working team of teachers. Having your own car would be advantageous, although not essential.
The candidate must possess the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Established experience with a passion for teaching and the ability to provide an inspiring education
- An interest in concept based curriculum and learning through inquiry
- To be in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification;
- To have a strong interest in curriculum development and authentic evaluation of learning;
- To demonstrate ability in engaging with pupils and teaching staff, maintaining a high standard of work at all times;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- A talent to fascinate students of all abilities with the creative possibilities, and diversity, of art
- Ability to stimulate the interest of students for art exhibitions and other cultural events
- To be a citizen of the EU or already in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Italy;
- To hold “Certified Teaching Status” or equivalent qualification;
- Previous experience with IB programmes is not essential and official IB training will be offered.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send a single PDF file containing the following to email@example.com
- Letter of application, referring to the requirements of the job description;
- CV with photo;
- Contact details of three referees (one of which must be supervisor from most recent appointment),
All documents must be provided in English
The person appointed will be expected to begin work from August27th 2018, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
Due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to provide individual feedback.
About International School of Modena:
About ISE Group