Do you have experience teaching at IB programme? Are you interested in joining the unique project of Montessori high school in Central Europe? This is your opportunity!
The bilingual Czech/English Montessori Duhovka High School is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic IB Teacher of English Language and Geography or Economics to join our team.
Who we are?
Duhovka is a system of Preschool, Elementary School and 8years High School (Middle and High School), based in Prague 6 and 7. Our schools are bilingual (Czech – English) and Montessori based. There is open and friendly environment welcoming different nationalities. We welcome creative, open minded and respectful teachers, who want to contribute to school transformation via creation of curricula, evaluation process, materials or sharing their experience with colleagues.
Duhovka High School is Private High School, founded in 1991, acquired by Duhovka Group in 2010.
In 2016/17 we have 240 students and staff of 30 teachers and assistants.
The Educational Program of Duhovka High School combines the requirements of the Czech high school curriculum with Montessori approach and international programs. We follow the standards of „Cambridge International Examinations“ (prima to sexta) and we are preparing the IB Diploma program (the last two years of study). Subjects are taught both in Czech and in English.
For more information please see our website: http://www.duhovkagymnazium.cz/en/
Duhovka High School is based in Prague, Czech Republic, one of the most charming capitals in Europe. The cost of living is relatively low, and there are excellent travel opportunities to other European countries.
- Participation at preparation for IB DP (curriculum, materials etc.)
- Teaching Middle School and High school courses
Key responsibilities & duties:
- Establish a positive, student-centred learning environment
- Establish a comprehensive, differentiated and balanced array of learning experiences, which meet the students’ needs in developing skills, concepts and understandings
- Effectively provide feedback to learners on their skills, progress and achievement, according to the school’s standards based criteria
- Work collaboratively as a member of teams
- Opportunity to create and use tailor-made projects, case studies, study materials
Experience and education required:
- experience in teaching English, Literature and Economics or Geography to at least IGCSE level (IB DP is an advantage)
- Bachelor or Masters University Degree in Education preferred
- A minimum of three years experience teaching
Competencies and skills required:
- Ability to display a personal vision in alignment with the Duhovka mission;
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, working with 12-18yrs age students;
- Fluent English
- Interest in the Montessori approach, project method, critical thinking and individual skills development
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment;
- International and/or multi-cultural experience
- Strong communication skills
- Self-driven & proactive attitude
- Flexible, innovative and solutions focused
- Full time employment with employment contract
- Positive working environment, cooperation in mutlinational team of enthusiastics teachers
- Montessori Training, IB trainings
- Competitive salary
- 8 weeks of paid holidays + 12 days for further education, 4 sick days
- Continuous professional and personal development
Start date: August 2018 (The school year in Czech Republic starts in September.)
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to Olga Svobodová at: firstname.lastname@example.org