Preshil is a small, secular and progressive co-educational school for ages 3 and 4 through to Year 12. The students take an active role in their education and develop responsibility for their actions; they are encouraged to ask challenging questions, to know themselves, care for others and achieve excellence on their own terms.
The school’s website is a valuable source of information in coming to an understanding of Preshil. The school philosophy is inspired by the work of Margaret J R Lyttle and builds continually on her work and the work of her niece, Margaret E Lyttle and the ideas of other educational theorists relevant to progressive education in 21st century Australia. We are seeking vibrant, passionate and experienced educators to join our team working to create outstanding programs for every student.
Preshil is an authorized International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (MYP) and IB Diploma Program (IBDP). Preshil seeks a skilled and enthusiastic IBDP Philosophy and English Language and Literature teacher with the ability to teach the DP Language and Literature at SL and HL levels, in a progressive, academic setting. While some experience in the IB MYP or IB Diploma programmes is preferred, secondary school experience to VCE and a willingness to undertake the IB training is essential. This is a full-time position with the possibility of ongoing employment to commence at the beginning of Term 2 2019 or earlier as negotiated.
General role description
• To have a strong background in English and Literature teaching
• To have a strong background in Philosophy teaching
• To be able to contribute to the Electives program
• To demonstrate outstanding discipline-based knowledge and experience in teaching Philosophy and English and Literature to Year 12, with preference given to candidates having IB experience
• To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for assigned classes, co-curricular programs and individual students
• To be responsible for the day-to-day learning and management of classes and the safety and welfare of the students, during on-site and off-site activities
• To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education
• To carry out other duties as directed by the Principal
Applications close Thursday 21 February 2019 at 5pm
Current VIT registration is essential