St. Andrew’s International Primary School is seeking to appoint an outstanding ICT teacher for a position within our Academic Staff, and to begin on 1 September 2021.
- An English Curriculum school with COBIS accreditation in Blantyre, Malawi running from pre-nursery to year 6.
- A child centred ethos with a focus on developing the whole child. We believe that all children should have the chance to develop something they are good at as well as discover and participate in those things that they enjoy.
- Ethos and values driven with these woven through all aspects of our curriculum and guiding the actions and decisions of our whole school community.
- Cross-curricular approach to teaching and learning that provides a strong context and motivation for the children's learning and allows children to develop a deep understanding of the skills taught.
- A truly inclusive school that values and develops all children to reach their potential and find enjoyment in learning and life irrespective of educational need or starting point.
- The “Warm Heart of Africa” with a legendary welcome!
- An unrivaled combination of Lake, Landscape, Wildlife and Culture in one of Africa’s most beautiful countries.
- The “Lake of Stars” - Lake Malawi - home to some of the rarest and most beautiful fish in the world and surrounded by tropical beaches.
- Big 5 Game Parks that offer wildlife sightings in genuine wilderness areas with very view or no other visitors looking on.
- Stunning scenery offering awe-inspiring views.
- A rich cultural mix with vibrant markets, colourful singing and dancing and UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Fully qualified teacher status (internationally recognised) with a minimum of two years teaching experience in the delivery of a British-style.
- Proven ability to plan, deliver and assess a high quality, modern style of ICT teaching that encourages all children to develop their soft skills as well as build on their knowledge and attainment.
- Exquisite communication skills that use a variety of in person and online strategies to engage our whole school community.
- Passionate about and innovative with the use of social media to promote the school within Blantyre and beyond.
- Committed to the integration of ICT within the wider curriculum.
- A positive personal ethos and a proactive approach to education in the British-style.
- The willingness to work hard and collaboratively to achieve the aims and objectives of the school as a whole and deliver a world-class education.
- The willingness to adapt to change and new initiatives as and when they arise.
- The ability to act as a role model for all our children and junior members of staff.
- The personal drive to expand good teaching practice outside the boundaries of our school, in line with the school’s ambitious vision to make St Andrew’s synonymous with the development of high quality education throughout Malawi.
- A supportive environment with motivated and compassionate pupils.
- Opportunities to contribute to whole school development - we will support your aspirations.
- A caring environment - we have high expectations of all our staff but our wellbeing team are always on hand!
- Basic salary inline with UK salaries.
- Housing provided.
- School takes responsibility for the cost of applying for and processing visas including those of any dependents.
- School fees for up to two dependant children.
- Air ticket (economy class) for the employee, spouse and up to 2 dependant children from and to home airport at the start and end of each contract.
- Air freight allowance paid for on arrival and departure.
St Andrew’s International Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and will ensure that recruitment procedures adhere to safer recruitment guidance. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced UK Disclosure and Barring Service check and/or equivalent overseas police check where relevant.
The schedule for appointments is as follows:
24th May 2021
Anticipated date for interviews: Week beginning 24th May 2021
Preliminary interviews will be held by Google Meet. If shortlisted, you will be invited to an online final interview in the week beginning 31st May 2021.
St Andrew’s International Primary School reserves the right to begin interviewing and make appointments ahead of the closing date for suitable candidates.
Interested candidates should complete the application form including uploading their CV and a cover letter for the attention of “The Principal” when prompted. The cover letter should outline your pedagogical approach to teaching as well as why you wish to work at our school in Malawi. This letter should be no longer that 2 A4 pages. Should you have any questions about this role, please email these to: email@example.com
St Andrews International Primary School, Blantyre
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 1.5 - 11 years