Harris Academy Chafford Hundred is looking to appoint an IT Technician to join its team.
You will provide an outstanding level of IT support and IT project related activities to staff and students at the Academy. The role will be line managed by a Federation IT Service Manager, and will have strong reporting lines to the Academy Senior Leadership team.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To provide an outstanding level of IT support and IT project related activities to staff and students at the Academy.
- To ensure that all IT support needs are logged, investigated and resolved (or escalated where appropriate) within the target time frames as dictated by the associated SLA.
- To image, deploy and maintain Windows 10 PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Apple Macs, iPads, iPods and other peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, interactive whiteboards and projectors, ensuring that this hardware is regularly tested and ready for use when required.
- To install and test new software and software updates / upgrades, ensuring compliance with software licensing regulations at all times.
- To work with the relevant teams to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical & virtual servers and networking devices, thus ensuring the availability and security of the network, data and applications.
- To administer user login accounts, distribution and security groups, ensuring that staff, students and trainees teachers have access to the data and resources they need.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- You will be able to demonstrate good knowledge and recent experience of:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365, Apple OS and desktop related software products.
- Citrix, Virtual Desktops, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Internet Access and security solutions.
- Administering AD login accounts, Distribution and Security Group membership within a Windows Server 2012 Active Directory.
- Supporting Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets.
- Supporting Apple products, specifically iPads and iPods in an educational or corporate environment.
- You will have a proven track record of balancing priorities and working to strict timescales to deliver high quality results on time in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- You must be flexible and adaptive and be able to handle the various pressures and demands associated with working in a highly customer focussed ICT support role.
- You need to be a confident communicator and your excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to confidently deal with all levels of stakeholders and internal colleagues.
- You will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar, client facing role in either a primary or secondary school and will therefore a have experience supporting the various applications typically used within the education sector.
- Relevant Microsoft or similar qualifications to support the above experience.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the ITIL framework, supported by an ITIL Foundation qualification is desirable.
- This is not a complete list of responsibilities and should be read in conjunction with the Candidate Information Pack above.
About Harris Academy Chafford Hundred:
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ 11-19 academy with a very strong reputation in the local community. With values of ‘Excel, Exceed and Explore’, the academy is a school for the future, preparing students for success through personalised learning, and improving continuously in every aspect of delivery.
Why work at Harris Academy Chafford Hundred?
- The number one non-selective school in Essex, according to the Real Schools Guide 2017
- A designated Teaching School, providing exceptional opportunities for professional development
- A proven commitment to our staff, holding Investors In People Gold accreditation
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact the academy on 01375 484 580 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.