IGCSE & IB Diploma Programme English Teacher
Colegio Gran Bretana
- Job type:
- Full Time, Fixed Term
- Start date:
- 1st August 2018
- Apply by:
- 12 January 2018
Fixed (two years, initial)
CGB is a highly prestigious private, co-educational international day school (Nursery - Year 13) situated in very peaceful and attractive surroundings in the north of Bogota. The school enjoys double accreditation with CIS and NEASC (the first school in Colombia to achieve this distinction) and is a member of The Round Square Organisation. CGB offers VESS, The International Primary Curriculum (IPC), The National Curriculum of England, the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC), IGCSE and the IB Diploma Programme to a predominately international student population representing 39 nationalities. There are currently 560 students on roll.
- We require a versatile, capable and enthusiastic English teacher to start on 1st August 2018.
- Candidates with previous IMYC, IGCSE & IBDP Higher Level experience will have a distinct advantage.
Competitive two-year renewable contract package includes:
- Fully furnished accommodation with utilities
- Private medical insurance
- US$ component
- Tuition scholarship for up to two dependent children
- Spanish courses during first year of contract
- Renewal bonuses
- Settling in allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Annual economy class flight
Visit our website for further details about the school at www.cgb.edu.co
Find us on social media at:
- You Tube
Applicants should preferably have experience and knowledge of the National Curriculum of England and IGCSE, as well as the IBDP. Candidates are asked to please submit the following documentation:
- A full letter of application, including why you consider yourself to be suitable to effectively fulfil this role and your personal educational philosophy
- Names, addresses, email contacts and telephone numbers of at least 3 professional referees (direct supervisors).
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae including a recent photograph.
Personal characteristics required for the position:
- A passion for education and working with students
- Committed to safeguarding children and young people
- A visionary leader who is willing to participate in the development of CGB
- A desire to contribute and foster a positive learning community at CGB
- An excellent communicator and public speaker
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to others at many levels
- A team player who is interested in building the capacities and talents of those with whom he or she works
- An awareness and interest in supporting community social service
- An excellent level of written and spoken English
- Honest, compassionate, friendly and fair
- A desire to learn Spanish
Please submit your application documents to: Robert Tomalin, Director, at email@example.com
Closing date for applications – Friday 12th January 2018
Interviews will commence the week of 15th January 2018
Interviews via Skype (video camera required for the interview)
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by 19th December 2017.
CGB IS COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
We reserve the right to appoint before the deadline should we find the ideal candidate
About Colegio Gran Bretana
- Colegio Gran Bretana
- Cra. 51 No 215 - 20, Bogota
- Distrito Capital
CGB was founded to provide a holistic, multicultural education to the highest international standards in the medium of English to a predominantly expatriate population from Nursery to Year 13. We follow the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) from Year 1 to Year 6, the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) in Key Stage 3, the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) in Key Stage 4 and the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12 and 13. In order to meet the needs of all students, local and international, curriculum is modified to comply with requirements of the Colombian Ministry of Education. Spanish tuition is offered to all students. CGB holds double accreditation from the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and is a member of the Round Square Association of Schools.
We are a caring community of proactive, lifelong-learners whose diversity of talents, qualities of character and shared values find expression, enabling us to confront the challenges of an evolving world. CGB embraces the richness of diversity in all of its forms and is committed to inclusion. Our highly qualified and experienced staff, along with a low student-to-teacher ratio, ensures a personalised approach to education.
CGB students will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and values to participate meaningfully and ethically in a multicultural, technological, change-oriented society and in a global economy, along with a skill set that will facilitate intercultural competence.
Visit us at www.cgb.edu.co
Find us on social media at:
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.