Fixed (two years, initial)
CGB is a highly prestigious private, co-educational international day school (Nursery – Year 13) situated in very peaceful and attractive surroundings in the north of Bogota. The school enjoys double accreditation with CIS and NEASC (the first school in Colombia to achieve this distinction) and is a member of The Round Square Organisation. CGB offers VESS, The International Primary Curriculum (IPC), The National Curriculum of England, the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC), IGCSE and the IB Diploma Programme to a predominately international student population representing 39 nationalities. There are currently 560 students on roll.
- We require a versatile, capable and enthusiastic Mathematics teacher to start on 1st August 2018.
- Candidates with previous IMYC, IGCSE & IBDP Higher Level experience will have a distinct advantage.
Competitive two-year renewable contract package includes:
- Fully furnished accommodation with utilities
- Private medical insurance
- US$ component
- Tuition scholarship for up to two dependent children
- Spanish courses during first year of contract
- Renewal bonuses
- Settling in allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Annual economy class flight
Visit our website for further details about the school at www.cgb.edu.co
Find us on social media at:
- You Tube
Applicants should preferably have experience and knowledge of the National Curriculum of England and IGCSE, as well as the IBDP. Candidates are asked to please submit the following documentation:
- A full letter of application, including why you consider yourself to be suitable to effectively fulfil this role and your personal educational philosophy
- Names, addresses, email contacts and telephone numbers of at least 3 professional referees (direct supervisors).
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae including a recent photograph.
Personal characteristics required for the position:
- A passion for education and working with students
- Committed to safeguarding children and young people
- A visionary leader who is willing to participate in the development of CGB
- A desire to contribute and foster a positive learning community at CGB
- An excellent communicator and public speaker
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to others at many levels
- A team player who is interested in building the capacities and talents of those with whom he or she works
- An awareness and interest in supporting community social service
- An excellent level of written and spoken English
- Honest, compassionate, friendly and fair
- A desire to learn Spanish
Please submit your application documents to: Robert Tomalin, Director, at email@example.com
Closing date for applications – Friday 12th January 2018
Interviews will commence the week of 15th January 2018
Interviews via Skype (video camera required for the interview)
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by 19th December 2017.
CGB IS COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN
We reserve the right to appoint before the deadline should we find the ideal candidate
COLEGIO GRAN BRETAÑA -THE BRITISH SCHOOL
Carrera 51 No. 215-20
Tel: 57+1+676 0391
Fax: 57+1+676 0426
Internationally Accredited by CIS and NEASC