Post: Inclusion Manager
Responsible to: Headteacher/Assistant Head Inclusion
Job Purpose: To identify and remove the barriers to learning created by challenging behaviour and poor attendance.
Teaching and Learning
• Assist in the education and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Headteacher and the Assistant Head Inclusion.
• Evaluate the need of individuals, address the barriers to learning and evaluate the effectiveness of the package of care through academic achievement.
• Lead, plan and carry out whole school initiatives to improve whole school behaviour and attendance with responsibility and accountability for the achievement of the cohort.
• Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes for students and help monitor their progress.
• Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
• Provide support for departments and individual staff to ensure an emotionally intelligent working environment that promotes good attendance and behaviour.
• Work with other professionals such as Educational Physiologists when relevant.
• Assist Progress Managers with maintaining student records.
• Support students with attendance or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
• Develop formalised referral and evaluation documentation for behaviour and attendance.
• Identify need and make referrals, recording them centrally.
• Lead and direct the review process for behaviour and attendance.
• Complete documentation of mid-term reviews.
• Complete documentation of full term reviews.
• Complete and evaluate effectiveness of behaviour and attendance support service.
• Self-evaluate the behaviour and attendance service with support of the Assistant Head for Inclusion.
• Maintain accurate and complete student records.
• Follow school policy by meeting deadlines and formats for feedback and evaluation.
• Manage those within Behaviour and Attendance Support to ensure they also meet all deadlines set.
• Undertake other duties from time to time as the Headteacher requires.
Other duties and responsibilities
• To identify issues of behaviour and attendance creating barriers to effective learning and directing and evaluating individual programmes of care.
• To lead full staff INSET identification of need for behaviour and attendance support.
• Lead full staff or departmental INSET on positive behaviour and improving attendance.
• Attend all Middle Management meetings such as Learning Managers and Progress Managers to ensure the behaviour/attendance prospective is shared.