Independent & Work Related Learning Assistant
- Quick apply
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- Apply by:
- 17 October 2017
Independent & Work Related Learning Assistant
Term time plus 2 weeks (41 weeks per year), 35hpw, 8am to 4pm with some flexi time
Scale 4 £19404
Start Date: 30th October 2017
We require a highly motivated, efficient and enthusiastic person to fill this post within our successful mixed secondary school.
We need you to:
• Be passionate about assisting in the running and development of our Independent Learning Centre (which includes our library)
• Be a flexible team player with excellent organisational and communication skills
• Have a genuine commitment to help contribute to improving the outcomes for young people through literacy and Careers Education
• Be willing to develop this role within the context of the changing needs in education.
“Staff really like working at the school. They feel valued and very well supported. This is an exciting, dynamic place to work, and its vitality greatly benefits the pupils”. (Ofsted Sept.2016)
“Fizzes with activity” (Good Schools Guide)
“An exceptional climate for learning” (Challenge Partners)
Details and application form can be downloaded from our website.
Closing Date : Wednesday 18th October 2017
Interview Date: Friday 20th October 2017
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Checks will be made with previous employers.
11 – 19 Mixed Comprehensive N.O.R: 1280 (240 in Sixth Form)
Westbere Road, London, NW2 3RT - Head: Jacques Szemalikowski
Tel: 020 7794 8133
Website: www.hampsteadschool.org.uk �����(1"�L
About Hampstead School
- Hampstead School
- Westbere Road, Hampstead
- NW2 3RT
- United Kingdom
Hampstead School is Camden’s largest maintained comprehensive School, educating 1330 students (including 300 in our stand-alone Sixth Form). The school is oversubscribed with a waiting list in all years, admitting 7 forms of entry from over 70 primary schools. Founded in 1961 as a mixed comprehensive school, Hampstead School has remained firmly committed to inclusive and nurturing education; quality of relationships based on respect and responsibility underpin all our endeavours. This is combined with a laser-like focus on the highest expectations of achievement and a belief that every student can and will achieve means that Hampstead School’s reputation for creativity and inspiration is firmly rooted in rigour. This continues to be epitomised in our motto “Learning Together Achieving Together”.
Reflecting our part of North West London, Hampstead School’s intake is predominantly from the local areas of Kilburn, West Hampstead, Cricklewood and Willesden. Our learners represent the diversity of our communities with over 70 languages spoken by our 50%+ bilingual students.
The school has been almost completely rebuilt over the past 5 years with our modern inspiring facilities offering a vibrant and brilliantly equipped place to work and study.
Ofsted noted that “Staff really like working at the school. They feel valued and very well supported". This is an exciting, dynamic place to work, and its vitality greatly benefits the pupils. Our equally diverse staff is well supported and encouraged to achieve their career aspirations. They have a passion for learning and commitment to delivering outstanding education to our students. Consequently, we are proud of our terrific record of staff development, second-to-none, whereby posts arise because of the excellent career progression that teachers at Hampstead School experience.
Our package includes
· Our own school Teaching & Learning Professional Development
· Professional on site coaching
· Further bespoke CPD through Camden Learning
· Thorough New Qualified Teacher (NQT) programme and strong track record of working with Teach First, Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders
· Support for your well-being through our well-being team, and 24/7 Access to a personal employee assistance helpline
· Access to counsellors, occupational health and mental health practitioners on-site
· Free eye care vouchers and annual onsite free flu jab
· Salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work
· Season ticket loan
· Family friendly absence policies such as paid time-off for primary school plays, child-care emergencies and house moves.
· Guarantees to work-life balance such as no expectation of excess presenteeism or to open e-mails out-of-school hours.
Hampstead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhance DBS check.
Hampstead School is close to Cricklewood Thameslink Station and close to the triple transport hub of West Hamsptead stations (Tube; London Overground; Thameslink). A number of buses stop close to the school including the C11 at the dedicated Hampstead School bus stop.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.