Information and Compliance Assistant Manager
Category: Administration and Customer Services
Cambridge, CB2 8EA
What it’s about
This is a varied, interesting and responsible role. You will be working as an Information and Compliance Assistant Manager, supporting the businesses compliance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Data Protection Act (DPA). You will be providing advice and drafting responses to Freedom of Information and Subject Access Requests.
In addition, you will support the work of the Risk and Quality Senior Manager.
What you’ll be doing
Freedom of Information and Subject Access Requests
• Produce responses to requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act (FoIA) and Data Protection Act (DPA), by analysing the requests, the information, and applying specialist knowledge of the legislation to progress responses in consultation with colleagues across the business.
• Implement and maintain information handling procedures, including identifying opportunities for further process improvement and implementing changes as a result.
• Apply formal data structures and protection measures, to ensure that information is available and searchable.
• Provide timely and accurate information and analysis of FOI and SARs to the business.
• Escalate complex requests for information to the Team Manager.
Risk and Quality
• Attend monthly risk reviews at the higher levels of OCR governance, to support the identification and assessment of Risks and to coordinate subsequent follow ups with risk owners
• Provide support to risk owners as required in identifying, assessing, and articulating risks in accordance with OCR risk management guidance
• Liaise with Risk Champions to facilitate the escalation and transfer of risks between registers
• Support monthly risk reporting; specifically the monthly publishing of Risk Registers into the Power Bi Risk Viewer
What we’re looking for
The right applicant will have excellent administrative, written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail. You should have a flexible and positive attitude to work, be a team player and be enthusiastic about improving OCR’s customer service.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience that supports the skills and abilities required for the post.
• The ability to manage yourself and your workload effectively whilst working accurately in order to meet tight deadlines is essential.
• Experience in dealing with requests relating to FoI, DPA and subject access legislation and regulation in a UK public body are essential to this role. You will also have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Working in a customer service or complaints environment is desirable.
• You should have a flexible and positive attitude to work, be determined and resourceful in order to deliver results.
Who we are
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board. We provide qualifications which engage people of all ages and abilities at school, college, in work or through part-time learning programmes. Our general and vocational qualifications equip learners with the knowledge and skills they need for their future, helping them achieve their full potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15/09/2019 and interviews will be held on 10/10/2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER