24 hours per week, possibility of private lessons and use of recording studio for personal use at week-ends.
This is a superb opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate music graduate to join our dynamic and innovative school, rated ‘Excellent’ in all ISI inspection categories. Our state-of-the-art, purpose-built Music Department has a professional standard recording studio, bespoke practice rooms and two large ensemble classrooms. There is also a Lecture Theatre housing a grand piano. Each classroom is fitted with a suite of iMacs running the latest music software.
Music plays an important part in the life of Shiplake College, which is proud to offer music for all. From Chamber Choir to Orchestra, Covers Band to Big Band and from our male a cappella group (The First Eight) to the Lower School Orchestra (in which every boy in Year 7 and 8 plays an orchestral instrument), there are high-quality musical opportunities available to all pupils.
The role would suit a recent music graduate with an interest in sharing their love of music in a collaborative and innovative way. The successful candidate will be excited and enthusiastic about teaching dynamic lessons to KS3 pupils, aimed at encouraging and ensuring inclusion of all pupils, whatever their ability. In addition, the successful candidate be heavily involved in music ensembles also undertake administrative duties for the music department.
An ability to inspire young musicians is paramount and non-negotiable.
The right candidate will answer ‘Yes’ to the following questions:
- Are you passionate about music and have a wish to share your knowledge of teaching and learning?
- Will students leave your lessons inspired, enthused and wanting more?
- Do you have high expectations of pupils, and the drive to help them achieve their potential?
- Ideally you will have experience of teaching KS3
- Would you enjoy working as part of a dynamic and professional team of teachers and support staff?
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, utilising the latest in Music Tech and Google Suite
Shiplake College provides the following:
- Exceptional education delivered by a dedicated team of teachers and support staff with first-rate resources.
- The opportunity to become involved with a busy and varied co-curricular programme available to students.
- A beautiful working environment located on the bank of the River Thames, free lunch and evening meal when on duty, contributory teachers’ pension scheme, gym facilities and open-air swimming pool during summer months.
- Excellent peer support and professional development opportunities.
- Inclusive and thriving community spirit.
- Mentor and Buddy system in place for all new staff
- Accommodation on site (for selected staff).
Music graduates and NQTs are welcome to apply alongside those with more experience.
Informal pre-application discussions and visits are welcome; please call Moya Flynn on 01189 405218 or 07739 345171. A job/person specification and an application form may be obtained from www.shiplake.org.uk/vacancies
Closing date: applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Shiplake College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts at College are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check.