We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated SENDCO to join our federation of two, one-form-entry Church of England primary schools from April 2019. Our schools federated in September 2016. Christ Church Primary SW9 is a newly built school in North Brixton with a fantastic outdoor learning environment and St Andrew’s CE Primary is hidden away in Stockwell, a hub of curiosity and keen learners!
Our purpose is to provide a rich and creative curriculum, with high standards within a small, inclusive school. Children, staff and governors are committed to the school ethos, which is built on working together to ensure the best outcomes for all our children.
The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping the future at Christ Church SW9 by working collaboratively across the SW9 Partnership. You will have responsibility for the development of SEND policy and provision as well as the day-to-day operation of SEND throughout the school. Your role will involve monitoring the impact of teaching and learning activities and interventions and working closely with staff, parents and other agencies. You will also be expected to offer professional guidance and advice to your colleagues.
We are looking for:
- Someone who believes in the inclusion of all children
- A qualified teacher with experience of working across the primary age range
- An enthusiastic team-player who enjoys working together to raise standards
- Someone who is ready to make a step into leadership or further their career in a strong, school partnership.
We can offer you:
- A supportive and positive working environment
- Happy, creative children who love coming to school and enjoy learning
- Opportunities for professional development and working as part of the Inclusion Team across the SW9 Partnership
- An exceptional school, with strong parent and professional relationships, at the heart of our local community
- Salary which matches your skills, knowledge and experience.
School visits are welcomed
Please call the school office on 020 7735 1343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a mutually convenient time.
To obtain a recruitment pack including Job Description and Person Specification, please contact Gineice Phipps on 020 7735 1343 or email email@example.com
How to Apply:
Please send your completed application form to Gineice Phipps, Christ Church Primary SW9, Cancell Road, Brixton, London SW9 6HN.
Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms: Friday 25th January 2019
Interviews: week beginning 4th February 2019
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/dbs and in the recruitment pack.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all. www.lambeth.gov.uk
Christ Church Primary SW9 - A school for everyone
A member of the SW9 Partnership of Schools:
St. Andrew’s CE Primary School and Christ Church Primary SW9
Executive Headteacher: Jayne Mitchell